GG CONSERVATION

The first lions were introduced to Glen Garriff in 2002, 100 years after the last two wild lions were hunted down on Platberg Mountain in 1902.  In 2015, Glen Garriff Lions NPC was registered as a non profit company committed to the sustainability of the African lion population in South Africa and to the enhancement of the study, learning and understanding of the species.

 

There are currently 77 lions under their care and live out the duration of their lives in their sanctuary.